Sunday, September 9, 2007

sneak peek. post paint pre build.




I know it seems like we build like one bike every month and a half, well' you're right. we take alot of time building because we're picky and both work full time jobs and have girlfriends and numerous other things going on.food not bombs, kids, beer, friends, riding, dumpstering. but when we are working on a bike it is the only bike we are doing and all of our attention goes to that one bike. One at a time, thats how we do it. period. we also recently decided to keep everything in house and we are painting all of our own frames to keep the quality intact. so here it is, our first in house spray job. and if i do say so myself i think it is the shitttt. my friend eric hooked me up with his autobody paint distributor Albert Kemperle. Tony at AK told me that i could rummage through all the mismatched colors that have been sitting on the shelf and are taking up space. Bottom line is I walked out with $750.00 worth of paint for $0.00. many thanks to tony and I hope he enjoys the roasted peppers. anyway if you ever get your hands on a professional spray gun use it. mix the paint to reducer @ 2 to 1.5 and spray. peice of cake, no trick photography, no majik powers or secret knowledge. i bet if you take your time and keep shit clean you'll get a great result. E-mail me if you need some tips. my friend has been spraying for 15 years and i can answer any question for FREE. anyway we are really appreciative of our customers till this point and all the people that we have met since our landing here in port chester. we are looking forward to building Ski's bike and i assume it will take way more time than it should. enjoy the pics. Mike and Aaron

No comments: